Every pupil is expected to wear full school uniform:
St Matthew’s School Uniform
Bottle Green Blazer with school badge
Bottle Green V-Neck Jumper with school badge
Plain dark socks
Bottle Green Box Pleated Skirt or black tailored trousers
Black short socks, black tights for colder weather
Sensible Black Leather Shoes. The shoes should be entirelyblack with no patterns or stripes or embellishments. This means that training shoes, canvas shoes, high heeled shoes, mule or logo type shoes are not suitable. If in doubt contact the school for guidance.
A suitable outer garment without a visible hood. Pupils should not wear expensive clothing E.g. leather jackets, designer labels.
A suitably sized bag that can carry school books and A4 folders. Pupil journals are considered as part of school uniform and should be carried every day.
St Matthew’s PE Kit
Plain black shorts
Reversible games shirt
Green football socks
Trainers - indoor activity
Football boots - outdoor activity
Emerald green badged polo shirt
Plain black shorts
Black badged jumper
- Blazers to be worn at all times.
- “Regulation length skirt” means no more than 3ins above or below the knee. Any pleats must be the same length all the way around the skirt.
- Shirts must be tucked in.
- Jeans, leggings, tracksuit bottoms or cords are not allowed.
- Extreme hairstyles and colours are not allowed. If in doubt contact the school for guidance.
- Make-up, and nail varnish (including acrylic nails) are not permitted at school. Pupils will be asked to removed make up and nail varnish if they attend school with this on.
- In the interests of safety, jewellery is limited to a pair of matching plain gold stud earrings, one in each earlobe, and a watch.
- Outdoor coats must not be worn in classrooms, and should not be worn in the building.
- Outdoor coats must not have a hood.
- Caps or ‘hoodies’ must not be worn in school grounds/buildings.
- Mobile telephones must not be seen or heard in school except at the specified times.
- Personal electronic equipment must not be brought into school. The school takes no responsibility for lost or stolen electronic equipment when in the pupils’ care.
Please also see the recent letter about uniform expectations on this page.