Pupil Premium and Year 7 Catch Up Premium
What is Pupil Premium?
The Pupil Premium is funding that we receive to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils. St Matthew’s receive extra funding for each pupil that meets the criteria below:
- Every child currently registered as eligible for free school meals (FSM)
- Every child who has been eligible for free school meals at any point in the last 6 years
- Children who have been looked after for 6 months or longer (LAC)
- Children who have a parent currently serving in the armed forces
This year 2020/21 – Total figure of £589,235
The Pupil Premium is paid directly to St Matthew’s as we are best placed to assess what additional provision our pupils need. Ofsted inspections will report on our use of the funding, and how this positively effects the attainment of disadvantaged pupils. We will be expected to show that the spending of the pupil premium:
- Increases the attainment of disadvantaged pupils
- Increases the progress made by disadvantaged pupils
- Reduces the gap in attainment between disadvantaged pupils and their non- disadvantaged peers (please see our Provisional Pupil Premium document on this page)
Year 7 Catch-Up Premium
What is the Catch-Up Premium?
The Year 7 Catch-Up Premium is funding received by St Matthew’s to support Year 7 pupils who did not achieve the expected standard in reading or maths at the end of KS2.
2018/2019 - Total figure received £14,066
We identify these pupils and create a plan for how we can best use the funding, to ensure maximum impact of pupil’s progress. Examples of how the funding is spent include:
- Small group and one to one tuition provided by staff in Additional Needs department.
- Resources to support learning.
- Teachers offering extra intervention and support in literacy and numeracy for Year 7 catch-up groups.
- In-class support for literacy and numeracy will take place, and extra TA time allocation to support students in English and Mathematics lessons.
- Reading Interventions.
St Matthew’s publishes details of how we spend our Year 7 Catch-Up Premium finding. Ofsted will also consider how we are using the premium. Please see the links on this page.