Student Leadership at St Matthew’s
At St Matthew’s RC High School, we believe that students should be given a wide range of opportunities to develop and practice leadership skills in preparation for life beyond school.
It would be impossible to list all the opportunities students have to take on leadership roles at the school so this is just a flavour of what is currently on offer developed as the result of a group of students, teachers and support staff working together to identify what is right for the school.
Many Student Leadership activities will focus on improving the quality of different aspects of school, supporting the school’s aims to be a place where everyone enjoys learning and is creative – trying new things, finding solutions and embracing their responsibilities.
Aims of Student Leadership
- To empower you to work in partnership with staff towards shared goals.
- To enable creativity to flourish as the school community benefits from the wealth of experiences, ideas, skills and sense of fun that students bring.
- To provide opportunities for you to develop leadership skills through a variety of inspiring, challenging and valued projects which impact positively on learning, teaching and well-being for both students and staff at St Matthew’s RC High School.
- To prepare you for Higher Education and for achieving personal and professional excellence in life after formal education.
- To fulfil our mission statement and to continue our journey towards excellence in all things.
You are all welcome to be a student leader at St Matthew’s.
Do something different starting today – and be the difference our school needs.
Excellence in all things – no excuses.